Terms & Conditions
Please read Terms & Conditions as set out by Drain Clearance UK
These terms and conditions apply to our Emergency & Standard Drain services.
1. We wish to set out that all the terms of the agreement between us, they are contained in this document. If you have any questions or do not accept any of the provisions included in these terms and conditions, please make us aware and lets discuss
1a. Health & Safety is of the upmost importance to both our Clients and our Employees, any breaches in Health & Safety by either parties will be reported to the DC UK internal office log registrar and the HSE. We reserve the right to ensure the safety of all involved in any given works procedure and will take the necessary actions to either cancel or Stop the job if required.
2. Drain Clearance UK (Known in this document to be DC UK ) uses its own employees and suitably qualified independent contractors to provide services on their behalf.
3. DC UK Contractors or Sub-contractors if used have no authority to incur liability on behalf of Drain Clearance UK or to alter/amend contracts in anyway without the express written authority
4. We will carry out the works and try to complete the work for the quoted amount, Quotations / estimates given by us are valid for 45 days from the date they are given. However, if the cost to the company of carrying out the work is subsequently increased by for such reasons as additional works required, or in instance of collapse, where the Client has not taken out the advice of the on-site operatives ie; cctv
5. Customers – The price payable by you is the price stated as the Total Due on the invoice,( inclusive of VAT or if applicable at the prevailing rate). The Total Due on the Invoice is payable immediately on completion of work, payable to the office via BACs payment or Card Payment arrangements, We will take appropriate legal action for non- payment, we will look to the customer being responsible for all costs to us allowable by the Court.
6. Commercial / Account Clients – the price(s)quoted are excluding of VAT at the given rate at the time of transaction. If you do not have agreed credit facilities in place with DC UK you will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the Invoice is payable immediately.
7. Account Customers (with credit facilities): You will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable within 28 days of the date of the invoice.
8. Commercial & Account Credit customers – If payment is not made as set out in clauses 6 & 7, an administration charge will apply and interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the Bank of England prevailing base rate plus 6% until payment is received in full.
9. Normal business working hours are 07.30 am to 18.00 pm Monday to Friday, this is when we will undertake the works. Subject to agreement, Out Of hours Working’ will be subject to an agreed Rate by both Customer & Company
10. We will not be liable under this contract for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees – and customers asking employees to step out of his agreed role.
11. You must let us know of anything which may present a hazard (including chemicals that maybe within the drainage systems) or danger to anyone carrying out work in your property. You must also make sure that we have clear access to any relevant drains and covers and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you for that additional work and/or expense.
12. We guarantee all parts and labour for 90 days for repairs and 30 days for unblocking works (unless the occupant is using face wipes and such like products, and advice from the operatives such as a descale is not carried out ) from the date of effective completion and payment of the work provided. Our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person’s) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear.
Our guarantee is issued in addition to your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You can obtain information about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Dept
13. If you are a tenant you will need your landlord’s permission to allow us to carry out the work. If the property is a listed building you may require planning permission. In either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permission required for the work.
14. We will make every effort to complete the work on time but we cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. In this case we will complete the work as soon as reasonably possible. We will make every effort to inform you of any delays
15. Notice of your Right to Cancel. (Please note: Works undertaken by us at your request for the purpose of emergency repairs or maintenance are exempt from this legislation)
16. DC UK Use high pressure equipment and all operatives that attend your premises have undertaken the necessary training courses, we ask that all peoples should heed the instructions of the operatives and not approach the specific job in progress whilst the High pressure equipment is being used
17 DC UK – Do not use chemicals that have a restriction order on such as ONE SHOT, the occupant of person/s requesting the works procedure should make aware to the operatives if chemicals are present within the system/s
You are entitled to cancel this agreement under the Consumer Contracts (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Cancellations must be within 14 days and in writing or verbal agreement via a company Representative / s